Reviews are starting to come in on the book!


I have to say, that it's slightly anxiety-provoking for me to go looking once in a while for the reviews starting to show up on the different Amazon platforms. Amazon will only share reviews of the book on the various country's sites - so I sort of check them out once in a while to see what people are saying. This is one posted recently on the UK site. Thank you to whoever took the time to share this review below, I'm so glad the book was what you hoped for.
.........................................................
"5.0 out of 5 stars
Must Read for Families of Children with Rare Diagnoses
I'll be honest, I've been looking forward to reading this book since I knew it was being written. I'm the parent of a child with a rare diagnosis and Stephanie Rese and the group she established has been such an amazing support to me. This is an outpour with the experience knowledge and humility to write brilliantly on this topic.
The book did not disappoint. It is well written, well structures, clear and full of invaluable advice. It's a bit more that that too though. It traces the story of a family like mine and the ups and downs. It doesn't pull punches and covers the truths and challenges that come with a rare genetic diagnosis.
I particularly valued that this book talks about how we talk about disability and disabled children and how we advocate for our children while taking care of ourselves. The chapter discussing the place of humour, and dark humour at that is an important chapter and I love that Rese has taken this on unashamedly addressing an important taboo.
If you have a child with a rare diagnosis and you live anywhere in the world then this book will have so much for you. While there are occasional references to specific US/ canada information especially this is rare and overall the book is transferrable across countries."

Find the full  review on Amazon.co.uk 

______

There are other reviews being posted on Amazon.com as well - here are snippets and you can read the full reviews at the link above.

"As a mother of a child with a rare chromosome disorder I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve wish I had a “manual”! Well....it finally arrived!! ..."

"...Throughout the book compassion and love shine and sparkle!"

"Excellent reading for families with children or adults that are experiencing chromosome abnormalities. Much research and personal experiences were included by the author, Stephanie Rese, with her daughter and herself and others. ..."


"This book is a must-read for anyone who has a child with a rare diagnosis and also those who are part of that child or family's world. ..."


And the reviews on Amazon.ca

"...So insightful and right from the beginning I felt a connection to the author. Highly recommend."

"... The authors have done a wonderful job and I will be suggesting this book to all parents I come across with genetic disorders."

"Great insights on parents who are faced with the challenges of raising a child with disabilities as well as great medical insights as well..a very good read;)"

"Being a parent of two children with chromosomal differences, I have often felt alone, and at times quite emotional. This book is very insightful and inspirational. Not only is there a lot of pertinent information, but it is also written with honesty and love."


Thank you all for supporting this book!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adoption Option

More than most...

Spring, Growth, Community and the Bonus Years